Recipe | Slimming World Risotto Primavera


If you're following me on Twitter, you may already know that I am currently doing Slimming World, if you don't, then you do now! One of the things I've really come to enjoy since starting Slimming World is cooking from scratch and trying out lots of new and different recipes. There are quite a few recipes that I keep going back to but recently I've been trying to make at least one new recipe a week, this particular week I thought I would try the Risotto Primavera from a recent magazine. Carry on reading if you want to find out how it is made.

Ingredients:
Low-calorie cooking spray
2 celery sticks, finely chopped (I omitted this)
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 litre vegetable stock
200g asparagus, cut into 1cm pieces
200g frozen peas
200g frozen baby broad beans, defrosted in water and podded
200g mangetout, cut into 1cm pieces
300g dried arborio rice
6 tbsp chopped fresh mixed green herbs, such as mint, parsley and dill


1) Spray a large, deep, non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the celery and shallots and cook for 8 minutes until soft and sticky, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2) Meanwhile, put the stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the asparagus, peas, beans and mangetout and simmer for 5 minutes, then lift out with a slotted spoon and set aside, keeping the stock simmering gently.
3) Add the rice to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add a ladleful of hot stock and stir until absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladleful at a time and stirring well between each addition, until you've added most of the stock and the rice is nearly cooked through but still has a little bite (this could take around 25 minutes).
4) Add the asparagus, peas, broad beans and mangetout and the rest of the stock, a little at a time, until the rice is cooked through. Stir in the herbs and serve with salad.

For those of you who are following Slimming World, you'll be pleased to know this is completely syn free so fill your boots and eat as much as you want, if you aren't, it's very healthy! There was mixed reviews on this recipe in my house, mum loved it, I felt very healthy having something so packed with veg but dad wasn't a fan because it didn't have any meat in it. Well, you win some and you lose some!

I'd just like to point out that I am in no way trying to claim this recipe as my own, it is a Slimming World recipe that I enjoyed making and wanted you share with you lovely lot. 

If you try this, be sure to let me know in the comments or on Twitter.

Sophie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top