Food | Turtle Bay - Milton Keynes

Oh look, I did that thing where I disappeared off the face of the earth again, sorry about that guys! I'm really struggling with my blogging mojo recently and no matter how many times I promise myself I will write a post it just never happens. But a couple of weeks ago I joined the MK Bloggers for a meal at Turtle Bay, so hopefully these wonderful ladies have given me back some blogging motivation.


I'd heard of Turtle Bay before but never actually visited, but if you've never heard of it before, it is a Caribbean restaurant where you can expect a lot of spice. I was the last person to arrive but when I did, I found the other ladies around the bar taking advantage of the cocktail happy hour but unfortunately I was driving so could partake in this.



Shortly after I arrived we were shown to our table by a lovely blonde lady whose name I unfortunately didn't catch, but she was very accommodating and kept returning to check everything was good with our meals throughout the evening.

There is a very large and varied menu so it took me quite some time to decide what to have, in the end I decided to go for the 'Island Bait' or Whitebait to you and I. I know this was a pretty safe choice but I just saw it on the menu and just really fancied it, it was definitely a good shout, they were decent sized little fishies was different to any normal whitebait because it had the Turtle Bay signature spice, but the lime and coriander kept it cool. Judging by some of the others' reaction, I made a good choice because they all seemed to be struggling with the heat.


When it came to deciding on a main meal, it wasn't a tough decision at all, there were a few things that caught my eye but I will always always always be drawn towards lamb so I went for the grilled lamb steaks with fresh green seasoning and sweet onion chutney. There was a choice of four sides or I could have had it served as a beach salad and I went for the spiced fries, I maybe should have asked for them plain because it meant there was no escaping the heat now! When my plate was first put in front of me I thought it looked quite small but it was actually quite deceiving, the steak was a lot thicker than if first appeared and there was very little fat on it and that little chip pot was deeper than it looked. With this main dish, I found out just what the girls meant about suffering from the heat, this was seriously spicy but I powered through and finished it all.


I really enjoyed my meal at Turtle Bay in Milton Keynes and to top it off, the service received was great as well. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anybody that loves spice but they are also accommodating for people who want their dish a little bit milder. Lastly I'd like to thank Sophie and the other MK Bloggers for inviting me along with them.

Have you been to Turtle Bay before? Let me know in the comments below.

Sophie xx

3 comments:

  1. I was gutted I missed this one, it would've been nice to have met you 😊 Your pics are fab + the food looks amazing. Hope you get your blogging mojo back and I see you at another event soon.
    Jaz xoxo
    http://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment about my photos, it'll be really great to get to meet you at some point! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! I've never been to Turtle Bay (I'm a bit fussy with spice) but I've heard their happy hour is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top