Review | Nivea Post Shave Balm

I took the photos for this post right back before my little blog hiatus and to be honest I wasn't sure I was still going to do the post but after doing a poll on Twitter it seems that people still want to see it.


Like a lot of products that are majorly raved about within the blogger community, I was very late on the bandwagon for this. If you haven't heard, basically the wonderful Nikkie Tutorials made a wonderful discovery that the Nivea Post Shave Balm is a great substitute for make up primer. There was a big big big hype for this product after this revelation, everyone and their dog was buying it and if you didn't know this, where have you been?


 Strangely, one of the reasons it took me a long while to try this was because of the price, even at full price it is only £5.35 but it was just the thought of paying out for a product that isn't actually a make up product. I finally gave in when it was on offer in Tesco, I think it was £3 something instead.

I used this as my primer for a couple of weeks, if not more, to give it a real good test. Let me just say,  yes, it works, it smooths out my skin, it has the tacky feeling (the all important quality that makes it work as a primer), but to be honest, I really don't think it has the amazing staying power that everyone has raved about. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't cause my make up to slip off my face but at the same time I don't find it any more impressive than a proper make up primer. It may just be my skin, or it may be that I have already found the primers that work for me so I'm just not finding the comparison.

I'm going to hang onto this because I have no reason not to, it didn't cost me too much and it does work if I have nothing else to use, but I just won't be shouting from the rooftops about it or naming it one of my holy grail products.

Have you tried the Nivea Post Balm? What primers can you recommend? Let me know in the comments.

Sophie xxx

10 comments:

  1. Originally I first purcahsed this product and I wasn't too sure how I felt about it! I started getting massive breakouts but I think it just took some time to adjust and now I have to use this everyday! I have to agree though, I mean i haven't actually purchased a makeup primer in so long (because I use this) but I don't think it really is THAT great, because the makeup still comes off my nose halfway through the day! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it definitely does work, there is no questioning that. My favourite primer is probably the Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot primer, which actually I haven't used in a while so I need to dig it back out! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not so sure how I would feel completely replacing my primers to use this. Thank you for such a great post though!
    a life of a charlotte
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product because I don't need to buy it I just pinch my boyfriends hehe.. xXx


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that but I don't have a boyfriend haha x

      Delete
  4. This sounds like such a great idea using this a primer I might have to give it a go! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly isn't the first thing you'd think of to use as a primer x

      Delete
  5. I got this a few months ago and i loved it! Apparently you're not supposed to use it daily though because it can clog pores and cause breakouts, i use it every now and again for extra priming! Loved the post and your photo's were beautiful xx

    -Soph
    www.planetwhispers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently using the Maxfactor Facefinity primer on a daily basis x

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top