Beauty | NYX Cosmetics Haul


Unless you've been living under a rock, it's safe to say you will have heard of NYX Cosmetics, the American brand that everyone and their Nan has been talking about and now it's hit UK stores. As soon as I heard that NYX was coming to Boots stores, I made it my mission to track down a counter. I'd tried a few stores and then kind of forgot about my hunt and one day I walked into one of my local stores and there it was in front of me, completely unexpected. As it took me by surprise it was pretty overwhelming so I quickly took to Twitter to ask what products I needed to pick up.

The biggest response I got to my tweet was to get my hands on some of the Soft Matte Lip Creams, which I can't say I was surprised about because I have seen this name floating round a hell of a lot and I'm sure you have too. I picked up three of these in the colours Stockholm, Cannes and San Paulo, I really love the fact that all of these lip creams are named after places. Along with the SMLC's I also thought I'd try one of the Jumbo Lip Pencils, I got this in the colour Honey Nectar, a pinky nude shade because there is no such thing as too many nude lip products.

Left to Right - SMLC's Stockholm, Cannes, San Paulo, Jumbo Lip Pencil Honey Nectar

Another recommendation I received was from Sammy at Little Fickle who had high praise for the yellow under eye concealer so I was sure to pop one of these in my basket. To accompany this I also picked up the HD Concealer, I've heard great things about this and it's about time I tested a new concealer.

I just couldn't hit a make up counter without checking out what offerings they had for brows, like the majority of people at the moment I'm always on the lookout for products that with give me perfectly groomed brows. There was a wide range to choose from and in the end I settled on the Micro Brow Pencil and the Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade, I use retractable pencils regularly on my brows and the pomade is something completely new to me so I really can't wait to try it!

Have you tried any of these products? What other NYX products would you recommend? Let me know in the comments below.

Sophie xx

8 comments:

  1. What a fab haul! I still haven't tried anything from NYX, but I've always heard amazing things :)
    sammy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to pick up some bits, so much choice and excellent value too! xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard a lot about their brow pomade, I really want to pick that one up!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually tried it yet because I've never used a pomade before so I don't want to rush it and end up looking horrendous just before I go out haha xx

      Delete
  3. I still haven't been to store to try them I really want to pick up the their soft matte lip creams they look amazing
    Carrieanne x
    Beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good and they have the most amazing vanilla smell to them! xx

      Delete
  4. I love NYX and have a haul planned myself after payday! I've been using the Micro brow pencil and LOVE it, such a good dupe for ABH Brow Whiz. I also recommend the Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks and the lipliners :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top