Nails of the Day | Sensationail Pink Daisy


It's been a long while since I did a nails of the day post, in fact it's been a long while since I did a post at all, sorry about that guys! My nails have stayed bare for a very long time recently, this wasn't a conscious decision or anything, just out of pure laziness. I've been meaning to post about my Sensationail kit for quite some time but I ran out of the base and top coat and it took me forever to find it in Boots (I refused to order it online because there was no way I was going to pay delivery for one item).


Most of you will have heard of the Sensationail at home gel kit which is available direct from Sensationail or Boots. Initially I wasn't phased about having this because of the sheer amount of nail varnishes I own but a few months down the line it was something I was really considering buying, I nearly bought it when it was offer in Boots and I had enough advantage card points but then I took too long deciding and the price went back up. I eventually picked this up on Black Friday when Boots had it on offer at £35 instead of £70, this is when I knew it was finally time to make it mine.


The starter set is a complete kit for doing gels at home including the LED lamp and is very simple to use. It comes with step by step instructions that fit onto a piece of card about half the width of A5, that's how easy it is. Although I've already used the words simple and easy, it does actually take a bit of getting used to but it was literally only a couple of tries before I knew what I was doing.

Now we've covered the boring part, let's move onto the actual point of this post, that beautiful colour. I'm not normally a massive pink fan but Pink Daisy is the perfect grown up pink that isn't too Barbie and is actually quite sophisticated. Believe it or not I actually took the photos for this post on day 7, it is still so shiny and is showing no signs of chipping or lifting, thankfully no growth either but that's down to my nails not the colour. Surprisingly, this colour wasn't from either of the above stockists, I managed to pick up Pink Daisy for around £5 in TKMaxx so if you have a Sensationail kit make sure you keep your eyes peeled to see if you can pick up any bargains.

Do you have this kit? Can you recommend any colours for me to try? Let me know in the comments below.

Sophie xxx

4 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous colour ! And I love how your nails likeed after! The colour so so perfect for summer!
    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly be getting plenty of use out of it through summer! xx

      Delete
  2. You got a good bargain on the kit! Love the colour :)

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this colour - and so good you got the gel kit in the sale too because £70 is sooo much! I really want to try it!

    Robyn / Phases Of Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top